Biggles Media Archive: LEGO Sopwith Camel

I must confess that I didn't really know that model planes could be built from LEGO kits, but this one looks a real treat. This video is basically an interview with the designer behind the 10226 LEGO Sopwith Camel, where he talks about some of the improvements made and some of the added functionality of the new kit.

The finished model really does look amazing. I found myself thinking "Wow" when he got it out from under the desk. It's a lovely lovely model, and I'm amazed that it's built from LEGO. You almost can't tell that it is.

The designer guy seems to genuinely love planes, which is great. I love the bit where he talks about how the engines on the real Camels were so big that it made planes crash when taking off--nice bit of detail!


4 comments

  1. Wow! That's absolutely brilliant. I want one NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow! Wow! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever indeed - I love the engine and the flaps moved by the joystick.

    My only criticism is that the lower wing should have pronounced dihedral and hasn't. Perhaps it's too difficult to do that in lego.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to get one. If I had the room for it. And the time. And the money.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

While you are free to post comments anonymously, you are encouraged to use the Name/URL option to post so that your comment will not be filtered out as spam.

© The Algy Chronicles
Maira Gall