Biggles and Son: Chapter 25.

by Sopwith

Disclaimer: I do not own, or claim to own, any of the Biggles series characters used in this work. This fan fiction was written for entertainment purposes only and should not be considered part of the official storyline.

Warning: Non canon type fan fiction works may contain severe time mix-ups and character deviations.


It was cold when Biggles woke. An anxious face was leaning over his. It was blurry at first, but as Biggles’ vision cleared he saw that it was Bertie’s. “What happened?” he croaked, attempting to sit up.

Bertie put out a hand. “You’ve been shot, old boy,” he said, looking worried. “Best to give the insides a chance to rest, what?”

“Shot?” echoed Biggles, weakly. “Who shot me? I haven’t been shot.” The lie of his own words was soon brought home to him as a sharp pain stabbed at his chest. With a gasp, he fell back into his original position.

There was shouting somewhere above him, and the sound of running footsteps. “What’s happened?” he heard Bertie call out.

“They’ve gone!” That was Ginger’s voice, tinged with fury. “Of all the nerve! Can you believe it! They’ve just gone!”

“So what do we do now, old top?”

Ginger sighed. “I have no idea,” he declared. “We’ve got to get Biggles to a hospital for a start, but how we’re going to do that with the Piper—”

“What’s happened to Dad?” It was a new voice, shrill with shock. “He’s bleeding! Is he all right? Who did this?”

“He’s been shot,” replied Ginger grimly. “By your Uncle Algy.”

“What?” said Sebastian. “But that’s impossible! Why would Uncle Algy shoot my dad?”

“It gets better,” announced Ginger, with dark satisfaction. “Your Uncle Algy just ran off with your mum.”

What?” said Sebastian. “But he said he didn’t like her! Why would he do something like that?”

And then everything went dark around Biggles once more and he heard nothing further.

&&&

“Where are we going?” asked Algy, in a resigned voice, after they had been flying for a few minutes in silence. He had tucked the useless pink gun into the pocket of his coat, hoping to take some opportunity to use it when he found one. Unfortunately, as time passed, he felt less and less inclined to simply club Jane over the head with the weapon, as he would have if it had been anyone else in the pilot’s seat.

“You’ll see.”

There was another silence.

“Aren’t you going to go back for Brechovich?” asked Algy. “For all you know, someone might have shot him already.”

Jane laughed. “Don’t you worry. Stefan can take care of himself,” she declared, with a confidence that made Algy uneasy without knowing why. “No one’s going to shoot him.”

“And what makes you say that? He’s not invincible.”

“No,” acknowledged Jane. “But he’s very good at what he does, and that’s just as effective, wouldn’t you say? Now why don’t you just sit back and take that frown off your face and try to relax? I can feel your nerves from here. There’s nothing you can do about anything, you know, so you might as well accept it and enjoy the ride.”


14 comments

  1. Thanks for the update but I'm still chewing my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Thank you so much for updating! :)

    However, I can't say I'm any less tense than Kismet. We're depending on you to help get Algy out of this increasingly-more-sticky situation, Soppy, and relieve our poor, suspense-filled, tender, anxious minds. Seen as how you the Queen of the Algy Protection Squad (well, that's what I think... though may I be a deputy?), I really don't think rescuing him should be much trouble... *trying to hint as hard as possible here*

    But then again, it's not fault that Algy is in terrible, at-Jane's-mercy danger, is it? *bitterly* It's hers... How is such a monster in existence!?

    (Might add, I've never more wanted some tape for Ginger's mouth -_-)

    Btw, I hope all the awful spamming has stopped...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Seen as how you ARE the...

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Sorry for commenting such a lot...)

    I've just re-read it. Here's an idea. Shall we start a new petition? Something like this:

    'Algy... USE THE GUN! USE THE GUN! USE THE GUN! USE THE GUN!...'

    Arrhh. Why is Jane so annoying?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the update Soppy, especially when you are so busy.

    I have to say, my big worry is not Algy who is, as far as we know, as yet uninjured, but Biggles who is injured and goodness knows how badly, and goodness knows how far from a hospital.

    RL at the moment is not wonderful. What I really need is something nice to happen to Algy and for Biggles to be ok - PLEASE ???? Might you consider being merciful to them? And might you also get Bertie to knock some sense into Ginger's head? Or Bertie and Sebastian combined...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see SA is also trying very hard in begging for mercy on the boys' behalf :-)

    I'm sure Biggles will be alright, though! That is, unless Jane suddenly applies for a job at the hospital, in which case, I wouldn't have much hope if I were you...

    I doubt Bertie or anyone will be able to do anything about Ginger. The tape idea might work :-) Still, you could suggest it to Bertie, couldn't you Soppy? He could try...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. AA you should know better than this -
    Soppy has quite enough nasty ideas of her own without you giving her more!
    "I'm sure Biggles will be alright, though! That is, unless Jane suddenly applies for a job at the hospital, in which case, I wouldn't have much hope if I were you..."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh-oh...
    I do apologize. I don't think it's *quite* Soppy's standard, but if that DOES happen, I will take full responsibility for my share of wickedness :)

    Actually... if Jane were to go and work at the hospital where Biggles is lying, dying, then Algy would be out of danger, right??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't like the sound of 'lying dying'

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, sorry. :)
    It's an evil-grin-type thing to say. (And when I type that, I immediately think of Soppy, although - I hope! - she wants Biggles to die no more than you or I, SA. And we don't want him to die, so...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I totally just saw this update. Where have I been? Anyway, lovely and can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I've posted the next chapter. Can't say everyone will be happy about what's going on, but well...

    Can't please everyone, can we?

    Although it is apparently possible to displease everyone, I've found...

    ReplyDelete

While you are free to post comments anonymously, you are encouraged to use the Name/URL option to post so that your comment will not be filtered out as spam.

© The Algy Chronicles
Maira Gall